Take The First Step!
Do You Have a Passion For Beauty?
"Of course you love anything related to beauty! That is why you are on Polishpedia. Why not take that love to the next level and become
a beauty professional?
The first step is to talk with some of the best cosmetology schools around the country. I have teamed up with some of the best and they would
love to talk to you about what cosmetology can do for you. There is no obligation, just a chance to learn and take an awesome adventure into
the world of beauty!
Funky Lip Art
Using the lips as a canvas is a great way to express your funky side with Lip Art!
I came home late the other night and decided I needed to create some spur of the moment lip art
, as one does.
I proceeded to grab a gorgeous metallic gold pigment, Sugarpill Goldilux, and a fine purple glitter, Eye Kandy Sour Grape and combined the two complementary colours to see where it took me. The purple and gold together reminded me of colours used to adorn royalty, thus this dramatic and regal design fit for a king was named.
I tried a different method of applying glitter to the lips than usual so it wouldn't just be a boring solid coating. So, I patted on the glitter while pursing my lips to achieve the ridged effect.
If you love the magnificent gold pigment from Sugarpill and want to use it as intended for eyeshadow, you can get it here
. And the glitter which is Eye and Lip safe is sold at Eye Kandy .
1. Apply Lip balm to prep your lips beforehand to provide a soft and supple canvas.
2. Apply M.A.C Prep & Prime Lip primer to smooth out your lips, reduce feathering and increase the longevity of your design.
3. Mix a metallic gold pigment with a mixing medium and apply it all over your lips with a brush.
4. Purse your lips together in a kiss and pat the purple glitter over the centre area of your lips to create the striated pattern.
5. Use a purple liquid eyeliner to trace the outer perimeter of your lips overdrawing them slightly.
6. Mix the same purple glitter with a mixing medium and apply the outline with a fine eyeliner brush.
7. Use sticky tape to clean up any stray glitter.
M.A.C Lip conditioner
M.A.C Prep + Prime Lip
Sugarpill Chromalust loose eyeshadow Goldilux
Eye Kandy Sour grape (Fine)
Make Up For Ever Aqua liner 08
The Body shop Synthetic eye shadow brush
Sigma Performance Eyes kit E11 Eye liner