Sport a geeky chic look with newspaper nail art!
This is a video tutorial.
Nail art is becoming more and more creative. Newspaper nails is a perfect example of this. They take a plain timeless item and transform it into fashion and beauty.
If you are an aspiring nail artist or a DIY nail addict, Newspaper nails are perfect for you. They are simple to do and you don’t need any professional supplies to do them. Sounds perfect right?
Watch our newspaper print nails tutorial to see exactly how it is done.
Newspaper Nails Video Tutorial
Steps to Remember When Doing Newspaper Nail Art
Remember to follow these steps exactly or you will not be able to see your desired results.
- Prepare the nail by filing it into shape and removing the cuticles.
- Apply a thin layer of base coat and wait for it to dry.
- Apply a thin layer of color. You can use any color you desire. Wait for it to dry.
- Apply a second coat of color. Before starting the next step your nail polish must be 100% dry or else it will not work.
- Pour 70% rubbing alcohol into a cup.
- Dip a nail into the cup for 5 seconds.
- Immediately after removing the nail press a strip of newspaper over the nail.
- Press firmly all over the nail for 15 seconds.
- After 15 seconds peel of the newspaper and you should now have newspaper print nails.
- After doing this for all of your nails apply a top coat to protect your newspaper nails.